Friday, March 22, 2024

Friday night MULTIMEDIA EXTRAVAGANZA with THE KINKS!

Did you ever hear Ray Davies' review of The Beatles album Revolver? A wee bit opinionated.

Taxman – It sounds like a cross between The Who and Batman.

Eleanor Rigby – It sounds like they’re out to please music teachers in primary schools.

Love You Too – George wrote this – he must have quite a big influence on the group now. I was doing this sort of song two years ago – now I’m doing what The Beatles were doing two years ago.

Yellow Submarine – This is a load of rubbish, really. I take the mickey out of myself on the piano and play stuff like this. I think they know it’s not that good.

And Your Bird Can Sing – Don’t like this. The song’s too predictable. It’s not a Beatles song at all.

Got To Get You Into My Life – Paul sounds like Little Richard.

Tomorrow Never Knows – listen to all those crazy sounds! It’ll be popular in the discotheques.

'Tired of Waiting for You' taking us out tonight

No comments: